Monday, September 12, 2005

It's Finally Going To Happen!

San Francisco, California, USA

Well, after talking about going traveling for so many years, I've finally made the plunge and have officially started making plans to travel around the world. I've always had the travel bug in me somewhat, having been fortunate enough to do some traveling with my family and through ski racing but I've never done the "backpack across a country" thing before, let alone around the world. After reading blogs and email updates from some of my friends who've already been traveling, I realized that I just had to stop talking about it and get down to planning it.

So, after 4+ years of working at Danger Inc on the T-Mobile Sidekick, I've decided to leave the company on September 3oth. I'll also be moving out of the apartment I've called home for the last 3+ years, much to the dismay of my roommates (sorry guys). Everything that isn't getting tossed out is going into storage for an indefinite amount of time.

The current, back-of-the-napkin, plan looks something like this:
At least that's the current rough plan. Since I'll be traveling alone and don't have a return date, all of this is very likely to change once I get on the road.

So if anyone reading this will be traveling over the next 6-12 months, or is thinking of traveling, be sure to send me an email at kenny@kennyc.com so that we can maybe meet up. Also, if you're already living abroad let me know and maybe I can swing by for a visit (and mooch a free meal and bed off of you... ;)

Should be exciting time and hopefully I can meet up with at least a few of you that I haven't seen in ages.

Keep in touch,
Kenny