Sunday, November 27, 2005

It was bound to happen...

Aleppo, Syria

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later... Travel sickness, and I got it starting Friday morning. Most likely I ate something I shouldn't have on Thursday night in the food markets. The vendors are so friendly and always offer you a free sampling, which lately I've been accepting at will. I guess that caught up with me because by Friday afternoon I was hurting and by Friday afternoon I was in deep trouble. Not to go into too many details, but needless to say things got a bit better after a lengthy session of vomiting.

On Saturday, things seemed to be better though I was awfully tired and sore all over (that sort of achy soreness) and by Saturday night I was back in my room, close to you know what...

Today, Sunday, started off worse then yesterday, but after getting a bit of food in my and some water (and even more sleep), I think I'm finally coming around and should be good to go by tomorrow.

So yeah, not a ton to update on but I do have a large update on the first few days in Aleppo, which were great. I'll probably head south either tomorrow or on Tuesday for Homs, Syria, before making my way towards Jordan.

Hope everyone is feeling better then I am and from now on, I'll have to exercise a bit more restraint when accepting random offers from the vendors...

Kenny