Thursday, September 22, 2005

First Ticket Purchased

San Francisco, California, USA

I just purchased my plane ticket to London, the first of many tickets to come I suspect. For some reason, Virgin Atlantic, had some really cheap one-way tickets to London, direct from San Francisco. (Like 2x cheaper compared to the next lowest airline).

Normally, I'm a bit of a Star Alliance snob so that I can collect air miles, but in this case the cost just wasn't worth it, so I guess that will make me a "virgin" Virgin Atlantic passenger when I boarded the 747 flight to Heathrow.

The flight leaves San Francisco on Thursday, October 6th in the afternoon, arriving in London shortly after 10am on Friday. I'm not exactly sure how long I'll stay in London, but if I can meet up with some friends then maybe I'll stay the weekend and catch a flight to Switzerland on the Sunday or Monday. Since London is so bloody expensive (and I've already been there twice), I don't really have a huge desire to stay for very long.

Kenny