Friday, October 28, 2005

Arrived in Prague

Prague

Just a quick note to say that I arrived in Prague, or Praha if you want to be a local, around 1pm this morning from Vienna. The bus ride was around 5 hours, with a 20 minute break at McDonalds just inside the border. I've seen more McDonalds in the last few weeks in Europe then I've seen in 6 years in California, it's crazy.

Will probably spend the next few days explornig Prague. We only have a confirmed room tonight for the hostel that we're at. The hostel is, uh, rather interesting. We're in a huge dorm room (36 beds) with graffiti all over the walls. The bar is insane, the walls are just covered with graffiti quotes, there isn't a blank space. Hopefully I can get a picture of it because it's pretty cool. I guess I can't complain since the place is only 9 Euros a night. It's packed, and is apparently the party hostel for Prague, so we'll see.

We toured around Prague this afternoon and it was pretty cool. Tons of old castles with some really neat opportunities for photographs. It's also way cheaper then any country I've been in so far. 10 Euros to get here, 9 Euros for lodging and dinner (at a rather expensive place) was around 8 Euros.

Kenny