Monday, October 17, 2005

Internet Cafés...

Geneva, Switzerland

One of the great things about Europe, is the abundance of Internet cafés. You rarely have to walk more then a few blocks to find one, unlike in San Francisco where I couldn't even tell you where a single one is. (Once I just told a tourist to go to the Apple store since I knew their computers were online.)

I also love all the different ways that these computers are configured. Each seems to have some sort of application running to keep track of the time. None seem particularly professional and they always have horrible graphics. Seems like their might be a shareware opportunity here.

The other thing I love/hate, is getting used to all the different keyboards you come across. This is one of those times when I wish I wasn't so proficient on the keyboard. For example, here in Switzerland, the 'y' and the 'z' keys are swapped and just about any character on a US keyboard that requires shift or control is different on this keyboard. It's nothing to loose sleep over, but after typing for years on a Microsoft Natural Keyboard (split) and never having any roblems with my wrists, I fear that just 20 minutes on some of these Internet café keyboards will hurt me forever....

Kenny