Out the door...
San Francisco, California, USA
Well this will be the last entry from San Francisco for awhile. I'm heading out the door in the next few minutes to make my way to the airport. As I type this, the Blue Angles are flying overhead practicing their routine for this weekends Fleet Week performance. I wish I was around to watch them because 2 years ago they put on an amazing show, probably one of the best airshows I've ever seen.
Last year, there was some "scheduling conflict" (read: boycott) and the Canadian Snowbirds had to step in and replace them. Sorry guys, but old trainer jets just aren't as cool as FA-18 Hornets and the performance suffered as a result.
This year, the weather looks to be good so I bet the show will be awesome. You've never really seen an airshow until you witness two FA-18's flying at each other, with one going over the Golden Gate Bridge while the other flies over the Bay Bridge (can't fly under the bridges). All this takes place about 100-200 feet above the water level in the bay!
Anyways, my next post will hopefully be from London England. I arrive at 10.30am local time after a solid 10 hour red-eye flight from San Francisco.
So it's out the door and to the airport... The adventure begins...
Kenny
Well this will be the last entry from San Francisco for awhile. I'm heading out the door in the next few minutes to make my way to the airport. As I type this, the Blue Angles are flying overhead practicing their routine for this weekends Fleet Week performance. I wish I was around to watch them because 2 years ago they put on an amazing show, probably one of the best airshows I've ever seen.
Last year, there was some "scheduling conflict" (read: boycott) and the Canadian Snowbirds had to step in and replace them. Sorry guys, but old trainer jets just aren't as cool as FA-18 Hornets and the performance suffered as a result.
This year, the weather looks to be good so I bet the show will be awesome. You've never really seen an airshow until you witness two FA-18's flying at each other, with one going over the Golden Gate Bridge while the other flies over the Bay Bridge (can't fly under the bridges). All this takes place about 100-200 feet above the water level in the bay!
Anyways, my next post will hopefully be from London England. I arrive at 10.30am local time after a solid 10 hour red-eye flight from San Francisco.
So it's out the door and to the airport... The adventure begins...
Kenny
<< Home