Almost packed and almost ready...
San Francisco, California, USA
Well, ready or not, I'm off later today for London. The flight is at 4.30pm PST and I should probably be finishing my packing right now instead of doing this update. I've pretty much got all my clothes packed, and as expected, I've over packed. No surprise there. Problem is, for just the month of October, I need gear to cover the following:
I also think I've settled on a pack. I'm going with The North Face Base Camp Duffel, which I got at Sports Basement for 85$. I think this will work for me, it's nice and basic, water reasistant, easy access when off my back, has shoulder straps and feels pretty rugged. It will be interesting to see how it handles on my shoulders since the shoulder straps are not very beefy, but the reality is that I don't plan on hiking all that much with it.
Kenny
Well, ready or not, I'm off later today for London. The flight is at 4.30pm PST and I should probably be finishing my packing right now instead of doing this update. I've pretty much got all my clothes packed, and as expected, I've over packed. No surprise there. Problem is, for just the month of October, I need gear to cover the following:
- European nightlife (clubs, etc...)
- Hiking in the Alps
- Watching a ski race outside
I also think I've settled on a pack. I'm going with The North Face Base Camp Duffel, which I got at Sports Basement for 85$. I think this will work for me, it's nice and basic, water reasistant, easy access when off my back, has shoulder straps and feels pretty rugged. It will be interesting to see how it handles on my shoulders since the shoulder straps are not very beefy, but the reality is that I don't plan on hiking all that much with it.
Kenny
<< Home