Homeless
San Francisco, California, USA
After an exhaustive day of cleaning and moving, I'm now completely moved out of my old apartment. It's amazing how much longer it takes to clean and get all your stuff out then you think. Even when you know it's going to take longer then you estimate, it still surprises you each time how much longer.
Wendy and I spent pretty much all day yesterday cleaning, vacuuming, scrubbing walls, dusting all before we had to tackle the kitchen, the room that *always* takes the longest. The good news is that we got it all finished by 8pm and closed out the remaining paperwork with our friendly landlord. I am now couch surfing just down the street at Abe's new place, which couldn't be more convenient giving my current situation.
The bad news is that it took all day so now I have even less time to start packing for this trip. You know after 29 years of having my mom warn me about leaving all my packing to the last minute I sort of grew deaf to the advice. Well, the one time that I don't get a warming, I now find myself with too much to do and not enough time! Go figure.
(Sadly, an attempt to get my flight delayed 24-48 hours resulted in a big NO. As in, no refunds, no exchanges, no cancellations. But a YES as in, yes you're going on that flight or you lose the ticket.) I can't wait to see where I have to sit on the flight, because I've got a sinking feeling that a used movie ticket has more value and clout then my plane ticket does.
Kenny
After an exhaustive day of cleaning and moving, I'm now completely moved out of my old apartment. It's amazing how much longer it takes to clean and get all your stuff out then you think. Even when you know it's going to take longer then you estimate, it still surprises you each time how much longer.
Wendy and I spent pretty much all day yesterday cleaning, vacuuming, scrubbing walls, dusting all before we had to tackle the kitchen, the room that *always* takes the longest. The good news is that we got it all finished by 8pm and closed out the remaining paperwork with our friendly landlord. I am now couch surfing just down the street at Abe's new place, which couldn't be more convenient giving my current situation.
The bad news is that it took all day so now I have even less time to start packing for this trip. You know after 29 years of having my mom warn me about leaving all my packing to the last minute I sort of grew deaf to the advice. Well, the one time that I don't get a warming, I now find myself with too much to do and not enough time! Go figure.
(Sadly, an attempt to get my flight delayed 24-48 hours resulted in a big NO. As in, no refunds, no exchanges, no cancellations. But a YES as in, yes you're going on that flight or you lose the ticket.) I can't wait to see where I have to sit on the flight, because I've got a sinking feeling that a used movie ticket has more value and clout then my plane ticket does.
Kenny
<< Home