Saturday, October 08, 2005

Off to Spain

London, England

Well after two days in London I'm off to Spain in a few hours. I'm catching a 10.30am flight from Gatwick to Barcelona on EasyJet, UK's version of Southwest. We'll see if they are any better. London was fun, and it was good to see some familiar faces.

On Friday, I met up with Sonia and Sara on Friday night at their flat in Islington. We hit the pub across the street for drinks and food, before retiring to bed. On Saturday, Sonia and I headed down to the London Eye (the big ferris wheel) with the intent of riding it, but the line was huge and we had forgot our 2-for-1 coupon, so that was out. But no worries, we ended up wandering around Big Ben and into St-James park, before making our way through Trafalgar Square and towards Leicester Square and into Covent Garden for dinner. Afterwards, we headed to a local bar called Detroit where there was a going away party for a fellow Canadian and Bishop's University Alumni. We stayed there till closing (midnight pub time) and then caught a bus back to Sonia's flat.

Sonia and I



Going away party for Paul Duncan.

Now I'm packed and ready to head out to Gatwick via the underground and a train to catch my flight. See you in Barcelona!

Kenny