Hola from Barcelona!
Barcelona, Spain
Hola from Barcelona! I arrived yesterday afternoon on a fine flight from Gatwick to Barcelona. EasyJet was quite, well easy. It´s basically the SouthWest of Europe (no assigned seating, pay for food, quick turn around times, no legroom, etc...) From the Barcelona airport I hoped on a train to the main train station near downtown Barcelona and waited for Brendan to arrive a few hours later. (Needed some nap time anyways after an early morning wakeup call in London)
Brendan arrived at around 5.30pm (or 17.30 if you want to swing with the locals) and the two of us immediately met up with Patricia, Brendans friend from summer language camp, and her two friends. The five of us set off for some park who´s name currently escapes me. It had awesome views of the city, but the light was fading fast so I didn´t really get any pictures.
We then headed down to the beach area and Brendan and I decided to go for a quick dip. We definitely got a few stares as it was well past dark now, we had to change in a car and apparently all the locals stopped swimming in the water weeks ago because it´s now winter (apparently). Regardless, we thought the water was nice and it felt really refreshing after a day of traveling.
From the beach we headed downtown for some dinner (tapas) then retreated back to Patricia´s place where we stayed last night. This morning, Brendan and I are off to wander around Barcelona and spend the day being tourists, before meeting back up with the girls after school/work.
We´re hear until Wednesday night, then we´re catching an overnight train from Barcelona to Geneva. Should be a fun few days with Tuesday night already slated as the party night since Wednesday is apparently some big holiday out here, so everyone goes out big the night before... Should be interesting.
Kenny
Hola from Barcelona! I arrived yesterday afternoon on a fine flight from Gatwick to Barcelona. EasyJet was quite, well easy. It´s basically the SouthWest of Europe (no assigned seating, pay for food, quick turn around times, no legroom, etc...) From the Barcelona airport I hoped on a train to the main train station near downtown Barcelona and waited for Brendan to arrive a few hours later. (Needed some nap time anyways after an early morning wakeup call in London)
Brendan arrived at around 5.30pm (or 17.30 if you want to swing with the locals) and the two of us immediately met up with Patricia, Brendans friend from summer language camp, and her two friends. The five of us set off for some park who´s name currently escapes me. It had awesome views of the city, but the light was fading fast so I didn´t really get any pictures.
We then headed down to the beach area and Brendan and I decided to go for a quick dip. We definitely got a few stares as it was well past dark now, we had to change in a car and apparently all the locals stopped swimming in the water weeks ago because it´s now winter (apparently). Regardless, we thought the water was nice and it felt really refreshing after a day of traveling.
From the beach we headed downtown for some dinner (tapas) then retreated back to Patricia´s place where we stayed last night. This morning, Brendan and I are off to wander around Barcelona and spend the day being tourists, before meeting back up with the girls after school/work.
We´re hear until Wednesday night, then we´re catching an overnight train from Barcelona to Geneva. Should be a fun few days with Tuesday night already slated as the party night since Wednesday is apparently some big holiday out here, so everyone goes out big the night before... Should be interesting.
Kenny
<< Home