Arrived in Cairo
Cairo, Egypt
Arrived in Cairo this morning after a long and shitty bus trip from Dahab. Amazingly, the bus was freezing and I was literally shivering at times. It also didn't help that I got stuck in the seat right behind the rear door, which means there's no seat in front of you, just a wall blocking any leg room! We left Dahab at 10pm and arrived in Cairo around 7.00am. Ironically, in Cairo, I'm staying at the Dahab Hotel... Go figure.
Spent this morning trying to get a Sudanese visa. Have to wait 24 hours for another Letter of Recommendation from the Canadian embassy. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have both the letter and visa. I'll write up about the Sudanese visa experience once I finally (cross my fingers) get one...
Till then, I'm just playing a bit of the waiting game in Cairo before I make plans to head to the pyramids, Luxor and the border.
Kenny
<< Home