Three Month Anniversary
Cairo, Egypt
Wow, what a quick three months that was! It's January 6th, and that means that this is my three month anniversary of traveling. Crazy how quickly time flies. Originally I had planned to only go for three months, thinking that would be enough to explore parts of Europe, the Middle East, Africa and South-East Asia. How wrong I was! After three months of traveling, I'm only in Cairo, granted I have been going a little slowly lately, but still.
For those still keeping track, the following still holds true after three months:
- Nothing has been stolen
- Only items lost are a Nalgene bottle and a shampoo bottle
- No officially missed transport (as in I haven't missed anything that I've had a ticket for)
- I've probably gained weight rather then lost weight, though that might change in the next few weeks...
Otherwise, things are still going well. The next few months should be a dramatic change from the last three as I leave the relative comfort of Europe and the Middle East behind to explore Africa. Frankly, I don't really know what to expect, and that's part of the excitement, but I do know that the current plan has me arriving in Sudan on January 17th, assuming the ferry leaves on the 16th, which isn't really a given.
So, hope everyone back home is doing well and enjoying the New Year. I'm in Cairo right now, but leaving in a few hours on an overnight train to Luxor, in the south of Egypt. I'll spend a few days there before continuing south to a place called Aswan, where I'll try and get some more concrete information on the ferry to Sudan.
All the best in 2006 and hopefully I'll see some of you sooner rather then later....
With love from Cairo,
Kenny
<< Home