Dar Es Salaam and Shaggy
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Initially I thought I'd just be in Dar Es Salaam for one night, maybe two. Well, 5 nights later (and going on six) I'm still here. Dar really isn't worth that much time, but I'm having fun hanging out with some friends that I might on the bus ride down from Moshi, and with another friend who I met back in Moshi. The four of us have been having a very lazy past few days here in the crazy heat and humidity of Dar Es Salaam. The upshot of sticking around places that you hadn't planned on sticking around is that every so often you get rewarded with a nice little surprise. In our case, turns out that Shaggy (hip-hop/reggae musician) is playing in town tomorrow night, so off we went today to pick up some tickets for the local show. They weren't super cheap, at least not by budget traveler standards, but it will definitely be fun to enjoy a little Shaggy while chilling here in Dar Es Salaam. The new plan is now to catch the ferry to Zanzibar on Saturday afternoon and then spend an unknown amount of time enjoying the islands. How it got to be the end of March so quickly I have no idea but time sure does fly when you just sit around, eat and nap.... ;)
Kenny
<< Home