Thursday, April 27, 2006

In Mozambique

Pemba, Mozambique
 
Just a quick update to say that I'm in Pemba, Mozambique. The journey down from Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania was rather adventurous. As other travelers had told me, northern Mozambique is defitely "off the beaten path". Pemba, while still in the north, feels positively modern, and almost touristy, even though there are few tourists but many ex-pats.
 
Internet connection here in Pemba is expensive and slow, so this will be quick until I get to a better connection. My next stop is most likely going to be Ilha de Mozambique, a bit further south along the coast. As always, my journey is following the coast line and should have me in southern Mozambique, near the border with Swaziland, in the next 7-14 days, I think, maybe, but I never really know.
 
Anyways, when I get a better connection I'll report on the journey from Dar Es Salaam to Pemba. Till then...
 
Kenny