Thursday, May 18, 2006

Arrived in Durbun, South Africa

Durban, South Africa

I've just arrived in Durban, South Africa and other then the border lady complaining that my passport was full and there were no free pages for the South African visa, everything went smoothly. I didn't stay long in Swaziland, only 3 nights and didn't really see much of the country, but for some reason I wanted to move on and it didn't really look like Swaziland had all that much to offer, so I hoped on a bus this morning and arrived in Durban this afternoon. I'll spend one or two nights here before moving back inland towards Lesotho, which is supposed to be completely different from South Africa. (For one, it's snowing there right now!) South Africa is very much a western country, at least when compared to the countries I've traveled through. Shopping malls, wide paved streets, clean highways, modern this and that. All very nice, but not really of that much interest to me right now, so that highlands of Lesotho will be my next destination.

Kenny