Monday, May 08, 2006

Moving through Mozambique...

Inhambane, Mozambique
 
Well I've been covering a ton of ground lately here in Mozambique. After spending a week in Pemba, relaxing by the beach and just plain bumming around the hostel, I headed south to the Island of Mozambique for a few days. The island is billed as a poor mans Zanzibar, and while interesting in its own right, it's not really like Stone Town. I spent three nights there, then hooked up with some South African travelers who were on a 3 month road trip through Southern Africa. They offered me a ride south, so off we went, covering hundreds of kilometers over the next two days. First stop was in Quelimane for the night, then on wards to the beaches of Vilanculos. I could have spent longer in Vilanculos, but they were leaving so I decided to catch one last right with them to Tofo. There's yet more beaches here with few people on them. I'm staying in a tent on the beach with real beds in it. With a good throw, I could probably toss a ball into ocean from the tent porch. Pretty nice. I'll spend a few days here, maybe do some snorkeling, before heading to Maputo, the capital of Mozambique. From there, I'll plan my next move through South Africa, and getting to Cape Town in the next 3-4 weeks.
 
All the best from Inhambane, Mozambique
Kenny